Sunday, January 13, 2013

And so the journey begins...

I fancy myself a writer. But I am a writer who hasn't written anything other than a treatment plan in a long time. And that, my friends, is unacceptable.

I'm a Marriage and Family therapist, but I work with adolescent males struggling with addictions. Yep, I know. Yikes! But, I absolutely love it. However, these boys leave me little time and mental capacity to be creative when I'm not at work. So, this blog is my feeble attempt to get the creative writing juices flowing again.

I don't plan to write about anything specific, whatever strikes me on any given day. And I seriously doubt anyone, unless they are a close friend or are related, will read this or care. But that's ok. I'm being creative!

I believe most problems in life can be settled with a long run, a hot cup of tea, or a good book. I started today with a cup of English Breakfast tea, had some church in there, and am about to end the day reading my new book, Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult. I'm very excited to start it! There was no run today because it was a rest day. All in all, a very good day. I bid you all goodnight, and hope you get to enjoy something warm and relaxing today as well.

Cheers!

1 comment: